Thursday, August 29, 2013

Book Review: The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore

  The Lorien Legacies are one of my favourite book series. Or they used to be. No, they are. I literally just finished reading the Fall of Five, and I'm still confused. The book was shorter than I expected (I read the e-book version) so when It wasn't until a turned a couple of pages that I realized it was over. And my life was over..

*SPOILER ALERT!*







    How could Eight die?! I cried for 10 minutes straight feeling sad for Marina. Sad for the Garde. Sad for Lorien. Sad for myself. And Five, oh you sucker. I think he'll come around eventually.


   Anyways, for the review. All of the Lorien Legacy books are terrific! All written well and smooth. I don't like books with sentences that make me think too much. I don't like thinking much in general.

   I was a bit sad about how slow the plot was moving on... Seriously. It was like everyone was suspended in time and they were all floating around waiting for something to happen. I like fast paced books with lots of action. But don't get me wrong, a lot happened, but nothing REALLY happened. Does that make sense? Not really. It's hard to explain. It gives you a reason to read this book and after, you'll be like "Wow, Sonya's words totally make sense now"


REASONS WHY I LIKED THIS BOOK:

-Eight and Marina's relationship
-We learned what's in their Chests
-All the Garde are united (avec un traitor though sadly)
-The Garde are all bad-ass
-Sam and his dad are back!!



REASONS WHY I DID NOT LIKE THIS BOOK:

-Four and Sarah's relationship
-Nothing happened.....
-Eight's death
-Five being a traitor

But than again, I think we all knew somebody had to die....I just wish it wasn't Eight! And Five being a traitor....it was an interesting twist that I think was important for the plot.


Overall, did I like it? Yes. Would I recommend this book? Yeah, if you're interested in kick ass aliens.


love,
            sonya








No comments:

Post a Comment